21 Jul 2014
Chat with Friends from Your Email Client with eM Client
It can be frustrating to go from one chat application to another when trying to stay connected with friends and colleagues. When you throw in sending emails, it's even more overwhelming. The good news is you don't have to keep switching between applications to connect with people, you can do it all from one with eM Client.
eM Client is different from other email clients. It has the functionality to allow you to chat with people on:
• Google Talk
All your contacts from these chat platforms can be in one place on your eM Client chat interface. When you need to email someone, go to eM Client. When you want to chat with someone, go to eM Client.
Now that you know it's possible to chat on eM Client, you probably want to know how to set it up. It's simple!
- Click on Tools
- Click on Accounts
- Look to the bottom left of the window and click on New Account.
- A new window will come up, and you can simply click on the tab that says Chat.
- You will be presented with Facebook, Google Talk and XMPP/Jabber. Click on one of them to set it up.
- Simply input your log in information for the chat you want to incorporate into eM Client and you're done.
- Accessing Contacts
- To access your contacts, look to the right of your screen. You will see options such as Contact Details, Agenda, Invitations, and Chat. Click on Chat and you will see all of your contacts. Double click on one of the contacts to start chatting.
Receiving Chat Messages
eM Client will notify you when someone is messaging you. You will see a window come up with their message. You can reply right in that eM Client chat window.
How nice is it that you can be available when your contacts need you simply by having your email client open?
Don't want to be available all the time? Just go to the list of contacts and click on the option to the bottom right where it says "Online". You can change the setting to show you are away, busy, or do not disturb. There is even an option to show people you are free to chat.
Now go ahead, download eM Client, and get started with the best email client there is out there today. Let us know if you have any questions, so we can help you experience the full functionality of our application.
<< Back to Blog